Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wildlife Photographs

I love taking photos of animals. For the most part, it's relatively easy if you get them to sit still or, if you're not that lucky, happen to catch them right when they are still and looking at you.


These following animals are ones that I've encountered in everyday areas, in zoos, or in pet shops. Often in a zoo or pet shop, the animal is surrounded by glass. Avoiding blur and glare can be difficult in trying to get the perfect picture, but not imposible.

These are such beautiful birds. I realized something the other day as well: you never see two of them in the same place. Or is that just my experience?

This goose was standing still in the snow and looking confused as to why it was so cold.



I snuck up on this cute little chipmunk.

  
Geese are not really an oddity where I am from.


I love the focus on the plant while the goose in the background is blurred, even though my eyes are drawn to the goose right away.


Sometimes catching an animal sitting still is preferred, but catching them in action is better.

Turtle tanning on a log.


Kangaroos

If you look closely, you can see that the mother koala has her baby comfortably against her chest.


Seal enjoying a swim.



I think that how the sun reflects off the rocks and fur really completes this picture.
 
American Bald Eagle

If you can avoid the glare and blur, pictures of fishes in aquariams are absolutely beautiful. It's almost like you were there underwater with them.



I'm not sure what type of fish this is, but he caught my eye instantly and I loved him.


Caught these little guys on the side of the road while driving. I think it's amusing how they are all looking right at me except the far left one, who seems to be confused as to what his friends are looking at.

I'm not sure what this little thing is, but I thought it was adorable as he popped up from his hole.


My favorite thing about this photo is the clearity and crispness that is just naturally present in underwater scenes.

This trio is just hanging out and having a good time. Lizards (those that are caged anyways) will always stay put for a photograph.
I played around with the contrast and brightness in this photo. I enjoy it when the grass is such a vibrant green.

Reflection is something I aim for in pictures with water.


And this is it for my wildlife photographs at the moment. Any comments, suggestions, questions, critiques?

Ideas for comments:
  1. My favorite photo was ...
  2. My least favorite photo was ....
  3. My least favorite photo was .... while my favorite was ....
  4. Pictures you thought were blurry or not good quality
  5. Suggestions for how to take/edit future animal pictures
(Ideas are only guidelines to spark your own comments. You can copy the ideas word for word or use them to develop your own.)


1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. I am just starting to take pictures now but have so much to learn. I enjoy taking wildlife and nature photos also. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete